Welcome to W.O.W.

WOW stands for Women of Worth, a ministry to women in North Port and our community hosted by Gulf Coast Assembly of God.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Commitment: Taking it to the next level


Today during Pastor's sermon it got me thinking about something he mentioned. He said, "Commitment is fleeting and so hard to come by." "People are committed when it's easy and something they want to do". "Your level of commitment is tested when you are struggling and things are harder."

You know, those statements are so true! On a personal note, today I didn't feel well at all and could have stayed home easily, but I knew that it was important that I be there. Just because I'm a musician doesn't mean my being there is more important than anyone else. You know I'm deathly ill or on vacation if I don't show for a church service.

You have to remember I've not always been in ministry, but I was brought up to be at my home church when there were church services. You never wondered if you were going to church on Sunday's or Wednesday's at my house. It was never a question.

As Chef Emeril says, "Let's take it to the next level" We're gonna give it a little BAM! I hope in this new year you'll step up to the plate and take your commitment to the next level with him through every area of your lives.

Don't forget our monthly event on Tuesday, January 25 at 6:30 pm with speaker: Ileana Reich. Our theme is "Moving Forward" and we're taking it to the next level!


Love & Hugs,
LaDonna


No comments:

Post a Comment